Riello UPS Ltd is the UK subsidiary of Riello UPS (RPS S.p.A)
Riello UPS (RPS S.p.A) is part of the Riello Elettronica group and one of the largest manufacturers of Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and Standby Power Systems in Europe with offices world wide. The company has three centres for design and manufacture in Italy: Legnago, Milan and Turin. Riello UPS purchased the UPS division of Advance Electronics Ltd in March 2003 and moved the business to a new facility.
Historic dates in the history of Riello UPS Ltd include:
- Mar 2009 – Riello UPS Ltd having outgrown its facility during the last five years moves into a bigger 27,500 sqft facility.
- Jan 2006 – Riello Galatrek Ltd is renamed Riello UPS Ltd to reflect the growing Riello brand presence in Europe.
- Mar 2003 – Riello UPS purchases the UPS division of Advance Electronics Ltd to form Riello Galatrek Ltd.
- Jun 1996 – Advance Electronics Ltd purchased Galatrek International Ltd to establish a power solutions trading company called Advance Galatrek.
- May 1995 – Galatrek International Ltd signed a distributorship for the UK market with Riello UPS manufacturing srl.
- Early 1980s – Galatrek International Ltd entered the Uninterruptible Power System market. At this time the company was an established manufacturer of automatic voltage stabilisers and power conditioners.
Between June 1996 and March 2003 Galatrek International was owned and operated by Advance Electronics Ltd as its UPS division. Advance Electronics Ltd is a specialist in the field of power conditioning.
Advance Electronics Ltd purchased Galatrek International in 1996. The two companies had worked together for some years. Advance supplied Galatrek with the ferro resonant tri-port for its transformer based Uninterruptible Power Systems, and Constant Voltage Transformers (CVTs) for power conditioning projects.
Galatrek International Ltd was founded in the early 1980s. The company was a pioneer in the dawn of the power protection field. It was one of the first European manufacturers of Uninterruptible Power Systems. Today many of its ferro resonant UPS including the popular MicroBak UPS range are still in operation.
The Riello UPS Ltd Service team continues to offer maintenance plans, repair and service to MicroBak and a number of other third party manufacturers.
In 1995 Galatrek International Ltd in a move to widen its product range with transformer less digital on-line UPS, signed a distributorship with Riello UPS for the UK market.
For more general information on Riello UPS Ltd please visit our Publicity Centre.