Multi Sentry – MCM MSM 10-20 kVA
Brochure Klik here
MULTI SENTRY is ideal for the protection of critical information and telecommunications networks which cannot run the risk of being powered from a power quality electrical supply.
The MULTI SENTRY series is available in 10-12-15-20 kVA three-phase and single-phase input and single-phase output models, with double conversion on-line technology according to the VFI-SS-111 classification, as defined by the IEC EN
MULTI SENTRY has been designed and manufactuired using state-of-theart technologies in order to deliver maximum protection for critical users, a zero impact on the mains power supply and a high operating efficiency.
The high level of flexibility at the design stage means that there is full compatibility both with three-phase power and with single-phase sources, thus eliminating any critical factors in the connection between UPS and
ZERO IMPACT SOURCE
MULTI SENTRY UPS are easy to install, especially on sites where there is limited power capacity available, a standby generator and potentially harmonic compatibility issues:
• low input current distortion – less than 3%
• high input power factor 0.99
• power walk-in function to achieve progressive rectifier start-up
• delayed start-up on mains power supply return
MULTI SENTRY also performs the role of a high specification filter, protecting its power supply sources (mains or generator) from any harmonics and reactive power generated by the loads it is powering.
BATTERY CARE SYSTEM
The MULTI SENTRY Battery Care System optimises battery performance, to help extend their working life and ensure that the UPS can deliver its full-rated back-up time when called upon in an emergency.
Battery recharge: MULTI SENTRY is designed to work with VRLA AGM and GEL lead-acid batteries including open-vented types, in addition to Ni-Cads. Specific management features include:
• One-level recharge to meet the requirements of the most common VRLA AGM batteries
• Two voltage level recharge meeting the IU characteristic
• Restricted charging to reduce electrolyte consumption and extend the life of VRLA batteries
Temperature compensation: to avoid excessive voltage being applied to the batteries in a high ambient
Battery test: to detect performance degradation and predict battery failure.
Deep discharge protection: to prevent the batteries being discharged below a level from which they cannot be recovered (especially when discharged over long periods with very low loads).
Low AC ripple current: from a high-frequency battery charger, to ensure the batteries are not subjected to this damaging element commonly experienced with some other UPS and power supply designs.
Wide input voltage range: from a rectifier that can work down to less than 40% of its nominal supply rating (at half load), removing the need to discharge the batteries.
MULTI SENTRY can be used for a wide range of applications, thanks to its configuration options, flexibility, accessories and performance levels:
• suitable for powering capacitive loads, for example Blade servers – without any reduction in active power, from 0.9 leading to 0.9 lagging
• modes of operation include: On-Line, Eco, Smart-Active and Stand-By/Off
• frequency conversion mode
• Power Share connections for priority-based load shedding when the mains power supply has failed
• cold-start facility to switch the UPS on even without a mains power supply present
• extensive back-up time options using battery extension cabinets
• optional battery cabinet temperature sensor to assist the temperature compensating charger
• optional battery chargers to optimize recharge times
• optional dual input supplies
• optional isolation transformers for Galvanic isolation and neutral connectivity
MULTI SENTRY has a large front panel graphic display providing information including: real-time measurements, operating status and alarms conditions – in eight different languages
Advanced multiplatform communication, for all operating systems and network environments: PowerShield³ monitoring and shutdown software included with SNMP agent
Compatible with TeleNetGuard for the remote assistance service
RS232 or USB serial port
Three communication slots for accessories including: network adapters and volt-free contacts
REPO (Remote Emergency Power Off) to shut down the UPS remotely in an emergency
Input for connection of an auxiliary contact for an external manual bypass
Input for synchronisation with an external power source
Graphic mimic panel display for remote connection.
LOW MANAGEMENT COST
The MULTI SENTRY design provides exceptional performance and efficiency levels, within a very compact footprint and overall case design:
• Lowest footprint in its category – 0.26m² for the 20kVA MULTI SENTRY with internal batteries.
• High efficiency up to 94% – saving up to 35% in dissipated energy in one year compared to a more traditional UPS (91%) resulting in a faster payback period of four years.